Online Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will begin on Monday, May 8th, for existing students. This
process must be completed through the Parent Portal. Please read the
attached guidance for more information. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iAR_x-ZfbTISf0mwHtW6myoAv3Zhz30dCz5uoF6ncCI/edit?usp=sharing
Parent Portal Instructions Link
If you are new to Parent Portal, click the following link to receive an activation code. https://campus.commerce-city.k12.ga.us/cparent/
Tuition Fees can be paid on the Parent Portal within the first 10 days of school.
1. Log in to the Parent Portal.
2. Click on Fees on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on the blue button beside the fee to add it to the cart.
4. Click on My Cart on the right side of the screen.
5. Add Payment method and Save.
After you have completed these steps then you should be able to process your payment.
If you have any questions, please contact Dawn Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-336-8990.
Commerce City Schools
Nonresident Students – Code JBCH
Nonresident students MAY BE REMOVED from Commerce City Schools for any of the following reasons:
1. Unacceptable behavior;
2. Unacceptable attendance; out-of-district students will be withdrawn from Commerce City Schools to attend their home district upon 7 unexcused absences.
3. Lack of effort and/or poor academic performance;
4. Falsification and/or misrepresentation of information during application process;
5. Failure to pay tuition in accordance with district guidelines;
6. Other good and sufficient cause.
Student Attendance Protocol
You are hereby notified of the consequences under Georgia law (O.C.G.A. 20-2-690.1) that state what can occur when a student has accumulated 7 or more absences.
Any parent, guardian, or other person residing in this state who has control or charge of a child or children and who shall violate this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be subject to a fine not less than $25.00 and not greater than $100.00, imprisonment not to exceed 30 days, community service, or any combination of such penalties, at the discretion of the court having jurisdiction. Each day’s absence from school in violation of this part after the child’s system notifies the parent, guardian, or other person who has control or charge of a child of seven unexcused days absence for a child shall constitute a separate offense.
Above and beyond these consequences under state law, 7 or more unexcused absences will result in a referral to the Student Attendance Review Board as called for in the Commerce City Student Attendance Protocol. For out-of-district students, students will be withdrawn from Commerce City Schools to attend their home district upon 7 unexcused absences.
If you have questions concerning your child, please contact the appropriate school.
Mandy Lund- Commerce Primary- 706-335-5587
Paige Puckett- Commerce Elementary- 706-335-1801
Chris Corkery- Commerce Middle-706-335-5594
Jordan Raettig- Commerce High- 706-335-5942